Saturday, November 6, 2010

Speaking of Sports




While we are on the topic of athletes I would like to address the whole issue of Facebook statuses. For too long I have scrolled through my homepage questioning why I ever agreed to be friends with half these miserable wrecks. I am sure many of you have felt the same nausea when you puruse your friends statuses and realize how many are self-loathing shells of people. Since when did it become ok to let everyone know how you feel every second of the day?? Im sure many of you have just today blew chunks when reading one of your friends desperate cries for attention via status.

For example this is a direct from one of my "friends": "There's just no getting over you. wtf." Ok first of all, who is the antecedent of you annnd second of all why should I care? Like ok its too bad you cant get over this person but what do you expect us to do about it? Are you hoping that one of your friends has a P.h.d in comforting?? Its a social network, hence discuss what you would in a social setting! When was the last time you walked into a dinner party and the ice breaker your host decides on is "my lifes in shambles...theres no me without you" youd be bringing out the crickets and the awkward turtle realll fast. So all im saying is class it up Facebook users. Because if you dont cut it out im bringing my public life into your private life soo next time your on the porcelain throne im gonna host a poker game in your bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment