Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Artist of the Week


Alright grab onto your eardrums because its time to start the artist of the week tradition. I'm going to be doing my best to find new(ish) artists or musicians that I am simply impressed by and posting a link to their music and giving some info on them. Before I get started Im gonna give the Big Kat bump to a new website created by one of my friends called Vinyl Tap if you want to get some great suggestions its a solid starting place.

So enough advertising, The Artist of the Week is an up and coming band from Tampa, Tides of Man. I heard about these guys from a friend and I must say every time I listen I am pleasantly surprised at how delightful their music is! They have a good heavy rock sound similar to a Coheed and Cambria, slightly less complex, its a somewhat experimental feel. The lead singer has a PHENOMENAL voice great range and control which sets them apart from many metalish bands. So if you want something fresh this guys are still a small time band but definitely worth a listen. Even if rock isnt your scene Tides of Man demands the respect from anyone who listens to music. So go check out their myspace, videos on youtube, or buy their album...JUST DO SOMETHING!!!!

that is all

No comments:

Post a Comment